Yogurt QuicheFrom mkm114 6 years ago
- 1 - (9 inch) deep dish pie shell, or 2 - (8 inch) Regular pie shells shopping list
- 6 eggs - Lightly Beaten shopping list
- 12 Ounces (1-1/2 Cups) - plain yogurt (I use low-fat!!) shopping list
- 8 Ounces - swiss cheese, Shredded (I use Jack!! ) shopping list
- 4 Slices bacon - Cooked and Crumbled shopping list
- 2 - small onion, Sliced Thin (I use green onion and questimate the quantity!!) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons - butter or oil shopping list
- 1 Dash - salt shopping list
- 1 Dash - pepper shopping list
- 1 Dash - nutmeg shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons cheddar cheese, Finely Shredded shopping list
- Or add anything your sweet heart desires!!! shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill crust(s) with dry beans or marbles and bake 10 minutes.
- Combine eggs and yogurt, set aside.
- Sweat onions in butter or oil, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Put bacon and onion into crust(s), pour egg mixture over, sprinkle cheddar on top.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 45 minutes. ( Since all ovens are different the cooking time may be off............The best thing to do is check it with a toothpick for doneness!!!)
- Note: If you want to freeze quiche, bake only 20 minutes. Cool, package and freeze. To finish, bring to room temperature and finish baking at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Serve lukewarm/room temperature.
- Feel free to add cooked broccoli, spinach, ham, artichoke hearts, crab, or whatever you want. Bear in mind though, the additions increase the amount of the filling. You may need more crusts!