Pollo alla Toscana con Insalata di Fagioli Tuscan Chicken With Bean SaladFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- One 4 to 4 and 1/2-pound chicken, cut into 10 pieces (2 breasts, each halved; 2 wings; 2 thighs; 2 drumsticks) shopping list
- 9 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 3 teaspoons dried shopping list
- 2 and 1/2 tablespoons grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- Three 15-ounce cans cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed, drained shopping list
How to make it
- CHILL TIME 3 HOURS
- Arrange chicken in 12 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish.
- Mince 5 garlic cloves; mix in 1 teaspoon salt. Rub garlic mixture into chicken.
- Mix lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons rosemary, lemon peel and sugar in small bowl. Pour over chicken. Season with pepper. Cover; chill up to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Place cannellini beans in large skillet.
- Chop remaining 4 garlic cloves and mix into cannellini with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon rosemary. Season with salt and pepper.
- Uncover chicken and bake until cooked through but still juicy, basting occasionally, about 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Preheat broiler. Broil chicken until just brown, about 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir bean salad over medium heat until heated through, about 8 minutes.
- Spoon salad onto platter. Top with chicken and pan juices. .