Italian Pot RoastFrom caramia 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 can whole tomatoes in purée (28 ounces) shopping list
- 1 ¼ pounds small white potatoes (scrubbed) shopping list
- 1 large onion (cut into 8 wedges) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped (or 1 teaspoon dried and crumbled) shopping list
- 3 pounds beef chuck roast (trimmed and halved crosswise) shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- With a sharp paring knife, cut 4 slits in beef roast; stuff slits with half the garlic. Generously season beef with 1 ½ teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat, swirling to coat bottom of pan. Cook beef until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine beef, onion, potatoes, tomatoes (with purée), rosemary, and remaining garlic. Cover; cook on high setting until meat is fork-tender, about 6 houors (do not uncover while cooking).
- Transfer meat to a cutting board; thinly slice, and discard any gristle. Skim fat from top of sauce. To serve, divide beef and vegetables among bowls; generously spoon sauce over.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- cherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔