Coconut Candy Bar CakeFrom mizzgreeneyez2001 8 years ago
- 14 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet baking chocolate, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1-2/3 cups flour, divided shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 1 pkg. (14 oz.) BAKER'S angel flake coconut (5-1/3 cups) shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Place 4 of the chocolate squares and 1/2 cup butter in large microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 to 1-1/2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Blend in sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each addition until well blended. Add vanilla; mix well. Add 1/3 cup of the flour, the baking soda and salt; beat well. Add remaining 1-1/3 cups flour alternately with the water, mixing until well blended. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- BAKE 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- MIX coconut and sweetened condensed milk until well blended; spread over cake. Microwave whipping cream and 2 Tbsp. butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min.; stir. Microwave an additional 30 sec. or until mixture comes to boil. Add remaining 10 chocolate squares; stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool until mixture is of desired spreading consistency, stirring frequently. Spread over cake. Let stand until chocolate layer is firm.
The Cookmizzgreeneyez2001 Brooklyn Park, MN
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!