Sourdough Blackberry Jam Cake With Caramel IcingFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 2 sticks butter softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 large eggs beaten shopping list
- 1-3/4 cups flour shopping list
- 6 tablespoons corn starch shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves ground shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg ground shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger ground shopping list
- 1 cup sourdough starter shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups blackberry jam shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans shopping list
- caramel Icing: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350.
- Beat butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer until well mixed.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Stir together flour, cornstarch, spice, baking soda and salt.
- Alternately add flour and sourdough starter to butter mixture beating well after each addition.
- Begin and end with flour then beat in jam and stir in nuts by hand.
- Pour batter evenly into 3 greased and floured round cake tins.
- Bake 35 minutes then cool in pans for 10 minutes and turn out onto wire racks.
- Cool completely then frost with caramel icing.
- To make icing melt butter over low heat in a saucepan then add brown sugar and milk.
- Bring to a boil then remove from heat to cool.
- Add powdered sugar and mix until well blended.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!