The No Fail Blueberry PieFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1 double crust pie pastry for a 9 inch pie- use your favorite recipe for fruit pies shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 6 cups fresh or frozen blueberries thawed shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cornstarch shopping list
- dash salt ( optional ) shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond ( optional use with other variations) shopping list
- Variations: shopping list
- 3 cups blueberries with 3 cups of fresh pitted cherries, or 3 cups of blackberries or raspberries or 3 cups fresh,skinned ripe sliced peaches shopping list
How to make it
- Prick bottom crust with a fork.
- Mix sugar , cornstarch, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir into blueberries.
- Add flavorings if desired.
- Place mixture in crust.
- Apply top crust and decoratively flute or crimp edges.
- Slash pie decoratively but deeply in at least 4 places.
- Failure to deep slash will not let juices or steam escape and you will have stewed the blueberries resulting in a runny, soggy pie!!
- Dust top of crust with a bit of flour and granulated sugar.
- Bake in middle rack 425F for 15 minutes than 45 minutes at 375F.
- Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Chill in refrigerator before serving.
- Filling thickens with cooling and chilling and makes for easier slicing.
- Yield one delicious pie. We garnished pieces with some fresh mint out of the garden.
- For those not on a diet serve with some ice cream or whipped cream.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Easy I could do that,also good I hope.
Lunchtime, as I said before I love easy gut good.
have a good one.lunchtime in Mc Mechen loved it
Really simple and fast to put together. Made this for my Mom because she's a blueberry fiend and had been asking me for a pie for awhile, but I'd lost my recipes! This one worked beautifully. Filling was thick and flavorful, not too sweet.dizzywhim in Stone Mountain loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!