Cranberry Silver Dollar BiscuitsFrom cheric 5 years ago
- 1 pkg active dry yeast shopping list
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees) shopping list
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 T margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 3/4 cup nonfat buttermilk shopping list
- 3 T all purpose flour shopping list
- vegetable cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Combine yeast and warm water in a 1-cup liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine 2 cups flour and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; cut in margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cranberries. Add yeast mixture and buttermilk to flour mixture; stir with a fork just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Sprinkle 3 T flour evenly over work surface. Turn dough out onto floured surface, and knead 4 or 5 times. Pat dough to 1/2-inch thickness; cut into rounds with a 1 1/2-inch biscuit cutter. Place rounds on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until biscuits are golden. 1 1/2 dozen.
- Per biscuit: 94 calories; 2.1 g fat; 16.6 g carb