Coconut-grilled PineappleFrom blondie80 7 years ago
- 1 fresh pineapple - peeled, cored and cut into rings shopping list
- 1 can (14 ounces) unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Sprigs of fresh mint, for garnish shopping list
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, for serving (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Set up the grill for direct grilling and preheat to high
- PREPARING THE PINEAPPLE: First, grab the pineapple firmly in one hand and its leaves in the other. Twist them in opposite directions to separate the leaves from the fruit. Then, cut off the rind, first from the top and bottom of the fruit, then from the sides. Cut it off in lengthwise strips, slicing deep enough to remove the eyes. Next, cut the pineapple crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Finally, use a melon baller or fruit corer to remove the fibrous core from the center of each slice.
- Shake the coconut milk well before opening the can. Pour it into a wide shallow bowl.
- Place the sugar and cinnamon in another wide, shallow bowl and stir with a fork to mix.
- When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate. Dip each pineapple slice first in coconut milk, then in the sugar mixture, shaking off the excess between each dripping.
- Arrange the slices on the hot grate and grill until nicely browned on both sides, 4 to 6 minutes per side.
- Transfer the pineapple slices to plates or a platter for serving and garnish with mint sprigs. Or serve in bowls over ice cream, if desired.
- The pineapple can be served either hot or cold.
The Cookblondie80 -Lake Villa, IL
The Rating4 people
The coconut flavor was subtle, but delicious. This was a fun dessert.swamikitty in Anderson loved it
Can't wait to grill. Thank you Blondie.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I love grilled pineapple, but this is a kicked up version for sure. I'll be making these babies....thank you!!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!