Chicken Breasts DianeFrom sarah_jane 7 years ago
- 4 large boneless chicken breast halves or 8 small shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. black pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or salad oil shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives or green onions shopping list
- juice of 1/2 lemon or lime shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. brandy or cognac (optional) shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. chopped parsley shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. Dijion-style mustard shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken breast halves between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap. Pound slightly with mallet. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon each of oil and butter in large skillet
- Cook chicken over high heat for 4 min. on each side. Do not cook longer or they will be overcooked and dry. Tranfer to warm serving platter.
- Add chives or green onion, lime juice and brandy, if used, parley and mustard to pan. Cook 15 seconds, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in broth. Stir until sauce is smooth. Whish in remaining butter and oil.
- Pour sauce over chicken. Serve immediately.
- You can pound chicken flat and leave flattened betweensheets of plastic wrap. Wrap them airtight in one package and freeze for later use.
- This Meal Is Good With:
- Noodles with tomato sauce, steamed broccoli, and a fresh salad.