Green Chili QuicheFrom wdsdy 9 years ago
- Pastry for 9-inch pie shopping list
- 1/2 pound ground beef shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chili peppers, drained shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Dash of garlic powder shopping list
- Dash of cayenne shopping list
How to make it
- Line a 9-inch quiche dish with pastry; trim excess pastry around edges.
- Prick bottom and sides of quiche shell with a fork; bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and let cool on rack.
- Cook beef and onion until beef is browned and onion is tender, stirring to crumble; drain well on paper towels.
- Sprinkle ground beef mixture into pastry shell; top with green chilis and cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne (if using), mixing well.
- Pour into pastry shell.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes or until set.
- Yield: One 9-inch quiche