Mothers Day Chocolate-Peanut Ice Cream CakeFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 2 cups purchased chocolate cookie crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered peanuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream shopping list
- chocolate and peanut butter Sauce shopping list
- chocolate-covered or plain peanuts, chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. For crust, in a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar. Press crust mixture onto the bottom and 1 to 2 inches up the side of a 9x3-inch springform pan. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until crust is set. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Let vanilla ice cream stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir vanilla ice cream just enough to soften. Spoon softened ice cream into frozen crust, spreading ice cream evenly. Sprinkle with the 1-1/2 cups chocolate-covered peanuts. Freeze about 1 hour or until firm.
- Let chocolate ice cream stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to stir chocolate ice cream just enough to soften. Spoon softened chocolate ice cream on top of chocolate-covered peanut layer, spreading ice cream evenly. Cover and freeze for 4 hours.
- Using a thin metal spatula, loosen crust from side of pan; remove side of pan. Let ice cream cake stand at room temperature for 20 to 25 minutes to soften slightly.
- To serve, cut the ice cream cake into wedges and top with Chocolate and Peanut Butter Sauce. If desired, sprinkle with additional chocolate-covered peanuts. Makes 12 servings.
- Chocolate and Peanut Butter Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine one 12-ounce jar fudge ice cream topping and 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until heated through.
- Make-Ahead Tip: Prepare ice cream cake as directed. Wrap in moistureproof and vaporproof wrap and freeze for up to 1 week. Loosen cake from pan and remove side of pan. Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 25 minutes to soften slightly. Cut into wedges and serve as directed.