Coconut French Toast with Pineapple SauceFrom dreamweaver 8 years ago
- 3 large Brown eggs shopping list
- 2 c. Light coconut milk shopping list
- 1 c. low-fat milk, preferably organic shopping list
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt shopping list
- 4 Tbsp. raw sugar,separated shopping list
- 12 slices Whole- Wheat baguette,diagonally sliced shopping list
- oil for the baking dish shopping list
- 1 c. crushed pineapple shopping list
- 1/4 c. maple syrup shopping list
- 1/4 c. sweetened coconut flakes,lightly toasted shopping list
How to make it
- Pre -heat the oven to 425F. and place an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs,beating in the coconut milk,low-fat milk, vanilla,salt and 2 Tbsp.sugar.
- Put the bread slicesin the bowl to soak for 5 minutes.
- Oil a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Arrange the baguette slices in the in the dish and pour on the remaining egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the slices with the remaining 2 Tbsp. sugar and bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- While the french toast bakes,heat the pineapple and maple syrup in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Keep it warm.
- Serve three slices of french toast per plate, topped with 1/4 c pineapple/maple sauce and a Tbsp. of toasted coconute sprinkled on top.