Potato Onion and Garlic GratinFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 4 large baking potatoes baked scooped out and mashed shopping list
- 2 large garlic heads roasted shopping list
- 2 large onions baked shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk shopping list
- 4 tablespoons parmesan grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup skim milk shopping list
How to make it
- Remove paper covering of garlic heads but do not peel or separate the cloves.
- Wrap well in foil and put them in the oven.
- Put onions on a double sheet of foil but do not wrap them then place in the oven.
- Bake garlic for one hour and onions for an hour and a half at 425.
- After an hour pull out the garlic heads unwrap and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Separate the cloves and squeeze them over a bowl so the softened garlic pops out into the bowl.
- After 1-1/4 hours pull out the onions.
- If they are not very soft almost collapsed put them back in for a few minutes.
- With a sharp knife cut off stem and root ends of the onions.
- Remove skin and first layer then put in food processor and puree.
- Reduce oven heat to 350.
- Beat together the onions, garlic, potatoes, salt and pepper then beat in buttermilk.
- Scrape mixture into a gratin dish then smooth top and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Drizzle milk evenly over top of potatoes and bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!