Toasted Bagel Dried Beef DipFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 4 to 6 ounces Buddig (or any brand) dried beef slices shopping list
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 cup real mayonnaise (do not use Miracle Whip salad dressing - too sweet) shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced very finely (I have also used 4 ot 5 green onions or scallions when they are in season and not so strong - gives nice color - use the whites and a good part of the greens) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dill weed shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder shopping list
- 8 plain bagels, halved and toasted, then each half cut into 8 wedges (using flavored bagels adds an interesting taste - I've used garlic, cheddar, swiss, asiago, jalapeno, onion, "everything", etc...lots of variety possible) shopping list
How to make it
- Dice dried beef quite finely.
- Cream together softened cream cheese and mayonnaise.
- Stir in sour cream and onion.
- Stir in seasonings, mixing together well.
- Cover and chill several hours before serving.
- Just before serving, toast bagel halves and cut into wedges. You can do this ahead of time and keep them in a covered container, but they WILL lose their crispness if you do this. I really like the crunchiness, so I try to wait until serving time to toast them, but it won't affect the taste at all if you want to toast them ahead of time...whatever is your preference and works for your schedule!
- To serve, place beef spread in a bowl in the center of a large platter and surround the bowl with the toasted bagel wedges.
The Cookkrumkake Chicago Suburbs, IL
- Not added to any groups yet!