Veggie and Tofu Stir FryFrom veggiechelly 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder shopping list
- 1 14 oz. package firm tofu, cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1 small red or white onion, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 1 10 oz. bag frozen blend of carrots and snow peas shopping list
- 1 8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium bowl, mix the stir-fry sauce, orange juice, honey and five-spice powder. Press the tofu between paper towels to remove excess liquid then add to the sauce mixture. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- Spray a 12-inch skillet (or wok) with low-fat cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Remove tofu from sauce and cook tofu in skillet for 3-4 minutes or until light golden brown then remove from skillet. Reserve sauce mixture.
- Add onion to skillet and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add carrots, snow peas, water chestnuts and water and bring to boiling. Reduce heat to medium then cover and cook for 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add remaining sauce mixture and tofu and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- I serve it over brown or jasmine rice.