Poppy Seed Filling for HamentaschenFrom borinda 6 years ago
How to make it
- Bring water to boil in a small saucepan
- Put seeds in a strainer and pour the boiling water over them.
- Drain thoroughly
- Grind the seeds in a food processor.
- Place the ground seeds in a medium saucepan and add the honey, sugar and salt.
- Cook over a low heat until thick and stir constantly until thick and blended well.
The Cookborinda SoCal, CA
The Rating2 people
5 from me:)orangeskipper in Redding loved it
Perfect - you are so sweet for sharing this with me...I appreciate the family recipe, and so will my daughter. I'm so looking forward to a lazy Saturday afternoon when we can have some fun making these - I'll take a picture of our efforts for you! ...morekrumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!