Creamy Chicken EnchiladasFrom watson2167 7 years ago
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach or 1/2 of one 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained shopping list
- 1 8-ounce carton light dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup plain fat-free yogurt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk shopping list
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chili peppers, drained shopping list
- 6 7-inch flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar or monterey jack cheese (1-1/2 ounces) shopping list
- Chopped tomato or salsa (optional) shopping list
- Thinly sliced green onions (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions shopping list
How to make it
- In a 3-quart saucepan place chicken in enough water to cover. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from saucepan. When cool enough to handle, use a fork to shred chicken into bite-size pieces. (You should have about 1-1/2 cups.) Set aside.
- If using fresh spinach, place spinach in a steamer basket over boiling water. Reduce heat. Steam, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. (Or, cook in a small amount of boiling water, covered, for 3 to 5 minutes.) Drain well.
- In a large bowl combine chicken, spinach, and green onions; set aside. In a bowl combine sour cream, yogurt, flour, cumin, and salt. Stir in milk and chili peppers. Divide sauce in half. Set one portion aside.
- For filling, combine one portion of the sauce and the chicken-spinach mixture. Divide the filling among the tortillas. Roll up tortillas. Place, seam side down, in an ungreased 2-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon reserved portion of sauce over tortillas. Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree F oven about 25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
- To serve, if desired, garnish with chopped tomato or salsa and additional green onion.