Chinese Chicken N Chili SoupFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 5 oz boneless chicken breast portion, cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1 in piece fresh root ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 in piece lemongrass stalk, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 red chili, seeded and thinly sliced shopping list
- 8 baby corn cobs, halved lengthways shopping list
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin sticks shopping list
- 4 cups hot chicken stock shopping list
- 4 spring onions (scallions), thinly sliced shopping list
- 12 small shiitake mushrooms, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup vermicelli rice noodles shopping list
- l/2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- salt and ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Place the chicken strips, chopped ginger, chopped lemongrass and sliced chili in a Chinese sand pot. Add the halved baby corn and the carrot sticks. Pour over the hot chicken stock and cover the pot.
- Place the oven-proof pot in an unheated oven. Set the temperature to 400deg. F and cook the soup for 30-40 minutes, or until the stock is simmering and the chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Add the spring onions and the mushrooms, cover and return the pot to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for the required time, following the packet instructions.
- Stir the soy sauce into the soup, taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as required.
- Drain the noodles and divide them among four warmed serving bowls. Divide the soup between the bowls and serve immediately.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
nice soup..good post.peetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
I like this one a lot. Sounds so very good!Got my 5.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
mmmm!seafoodlover in Chicago loved it