Lemon Souffle PancakesFrom cheric 7 years ago
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 T pure maple syrup plus additional as an accompaniment shopping list
- 2 T fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsps freshly grated lemon zest shopping list
- 2 T vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 large eggs, separated shopping list
- 2 tsps double-acting baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor blend together the cottage cheese, 1 T of maple syrup, the lemon juice, the zest, the oil, the egg yolks, the baking powder, the flour, and the salt for 1 minute and transfer the mixure to a bowl. In another bowl with an electric mixer beat the egg whites until they just hold stiff peaks and fold them into the cottage-cheese mixture gently but thoroughly. Heat a greased griddle over moderate heat until it is hot enough to make drops of water scatter over its surface. Working in batches, pour the batter onto the griddle by 1/3-cup measures and cook the pancakes for 2 minutes on each side, or until they are golden and cooked through. (The pancakes will be thick). Transfer pancakes as they are cooked to a heated platter and serve them with additional maple syrup.
- Makes about 15 pancakes.