Fresh Peach PieFrom griggs293 6 years ago
- 8 large peaches (ripe)* shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups flour shopping list
- ½ cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons milk shopping list
- Pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons white Karo syrup shopping list
- 1 3-ounce package peach Jell-O (do not use sugar-free.) shopping list
- ½ Pint whipping cream shopping list
- *If the peaches in the market are not yet ripe, buy them at least 3-days before you want to make this pie. Place them in a paper market bag, roll down the top and secure with a piece of tape. Check them after 2 days and if not yet ready, re-close the bag and wait one more day. shopping list
- TIP: Before beginning to make this recipe it is suggested you use this invaluable tip on how to peel the peaches easily and quickly, without wasting any of the fruit. Bring a pot of water to a boil and while it’s heating, fill a large bowl with lots of ice cubes and cold water. Using a slotted spoon, lower two peaches at a time into the boiling water for 30 seconds (TIME IT), and then immediately transfer them to the iced water to stop the cooking process. Continue until all 8 peaches have been through this process. Drain and set aside.. shopping list
How to make it
- Peel and slice the 8 peaches into semi-thin wedges, placing them in a large bowl. Discard the peach pits.
- Mix together 1-1/2 cups flour; ½ cup oil; pinch of salt; 2 TBS milk
- Use a fork to mix and then, using your fingers, press the dough into the bottom and sides of a large, 10” or 11” pie plate.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees F. Cool.
- In a medium sauce pan, mix together 1 cup sugar; 1 cup water; 3 TBS corn starch; and 2 TBSP white Karo syrup.
- Cook this mixture until clear and then stir in one, 3-oz. package Peach Jell-O.
- Cool, and gently combine this mixture with the sliced peaches and pour into the cooled crust.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Beat whipping cream with 1-1/2 TBS. sugar until it forms stiff peaks. Just before ready to serve the pie, top it with the whipped cream if you are planning to use up the entire pie. If you will only be using a few slices of the pie, it is suggested you dollop the whipped cream on individual servings.
- Absolute heaven...Enjoy
- SUGGESTION: If you are going to serve only a few slices of this pie, reserve the whipped cream for individual servings.use up all of the pie in one sitting,
The Cookgriggs293 Shalimar, FL
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!