Crown Roast of Pork with Apple-Raisin StuffingFrom auntybea 8 years ago
- 1 crown roast of pork, 2 ribs per serving shopping list
- Stuffing: shopping list
- 1 cup seedless raisins shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 3 cups peeled and cubed apples shopping list
- 7 cups soft bread cubes shopping list
- 3/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. each: sage, nutmeg and cloves shopping list
How to make it
- Parboil rasins, drain and dry. Mix Stuffing ingredients thoroughly. Protect ends of bones on roast with foil. Fill cavity of the roast with a large foil ball.
- Heat the oven to 450 F. Put the roast into the oven and immediately turn the heat down to 350 F. Cook for 30 to 45 minutes per pound.
- One hour before serving remove foil ball and place stuffing in center of roast. Remove tin foil on ends of bones before serving. If you want, you can get those frillly white toppers to put on the ends of the bones when serving. I don't bother with those.