German Pickled BeetsFrom deedeec 8 years ago
- 6 cans of red beets with liquid shopping list
- (or prepare 12 cups of cooked fresh beets reserving some water) shopping list
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup brown sugar (granular okay, I just prefer brown) shopping list
- 2 cinnimon sticks shopping list
- 5 cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp allspice shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, heat vinegar, 1 cup of water (or beet liquid), sugar and spices to boiling. Stir till sugar is disolved.
- Add beets, bring back to a boil then remove from heat.
- Remove cinnimon sticks and cloves if you can find them.
- Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. Serve chilled/cold.