Winey green beans with turkey baconFrom muffinmadame 7 years ago
How to make it
- Blanch green beans in a pot of salted water to desired doneness.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. (Add 1 or 2 t. of olive oil if needed. I usually don't need it.)
- Set aside bacon, and add olive oil to hot pan on medium.
- Add shallots and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes, until softened.
- Deglaze pan with wine and cook for another 3 minutes or so until just a few tablespoons of wine are left.
- Add blanched green beans to pan, along with cooked, crumbled bacon, butter, and salt and pepper. Toss together.