Taco-Ranch Venison RoastFrom perlandra 8 years ago
- 3 - 4 lb. sirloin tip venison roast shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 - 3 tblsp. worcestershire shopping list
- 1/2 pkg. mild taco seasoning shopping list
- 1/2 pkg. ranch dressing shopping list
- 1 can beef broth shopping list
- 4 stalks celery (chopped on #2 cone - saladmaster) shopping list
- 5 or 6 green onions (cut up) shopping list
- 1 foil roasting bag or cooking bag shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw roast. Poke slices in it with sharp knife. Put in ziplock bag. Pour milk into bag. Put in refrigerator. Leave in milk for 1 hour, turning over occasionally.
- Meanwhile chop celery and slice green onions. Put celery and onion in roasting bag. Mix together taco seasoning and ranch dressing. Put this is another ziplock bag.
- When roast has sat in milk for about an hour, remove from bag and throw milk out. Put worcestershire in slits made in roast, letting it soak in. Turn and repeat. Next, drop roast in ziplock bag with taco-ranch mixture and coat evenly. Remove from ziplock bag and place in roasting bag with onions and celery. Pour can of beef broth into bag, around the roast, careful to leave seasonings covering most of roast except where it sits in the broth. Fold foil bag so juices will not run out.
- Preheat oven to 325º. Put roast on a baking sheet with sides. Roast for 2 hours, or until done. Best if roasted slow. May wish to check roast at 1 1/2 hours as it might be done.