Sauteed Spinach With Red OnionFrom bluewaterandsand 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 large red onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 bag (10 ounce size) prewashed spinach shopping list
- 1 lemon, zest of shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a very large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Add the broth, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Add one third of the spinach and cook until it begins to wilt, about 2 minutes.
- Continue adding the spinach one large handful at a time, sauteing just until it begins to wilt before adding more.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, sprinkle with lemon zest, and serve