Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting For Angel Food CakeFrom melbysbaby 5 years ago
- One angel food cake. Can be store bought (if short on time), made from a mix, or made from scratch. shopping list
- 1 to 2 pounds of strawberries, cleaned and hulled. shopping list
- 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar shopping list
- 1 8oz. pkg. of cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 12oz. container of Cool Whip shopping list
- 1 tsp. of vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Slice 1 cup of strawberries and add confectioners sugar. Mix well. Let stand at least a half hour to let berries "juice." Mash well after that time.
- Cream softened cream cheese with mixer and add vanilla.
- Add strawberry mixture and mix well on low speed. Last, fold in cool whip and mix well.
- Frost Angel food cake putting excess frosting in the center hole of the cake.
- Slice remaining strawberries and cover cake with the slices. If strawberries are small to medium in size they can be halved to cover the cake. You will need more than a pound to do it that way, but it makes for a prettier cake.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.