Easy Rancheros BeansFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2" pieces shopping list
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cumin shopping list
- 3 cups pinto beans, canned, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 14 ounces chopped tomatoes, 1 can, including liquid shopping list
- 1 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, ribbed and chopped1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- sliced pickled jalapenos shopping list
- shredded monterey jack shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large skillet over high heat and add bacon. Fry until crispy. Drain bacon on a paper towel. Discard all but 1 T. of fat.
- Add the onion and cumin. Cook stirring often until onion is soft. Add the beans, bay leaves, oregano, tomatoes, the CHOPPED jalapeno, reserved bacon, salt and pepper and cook until the flavors come together, 10-15 minutes. Take out bay leaves and serve garnished with a sprinkling of cheese, a few pickled jalapeno slices and a dollop of sour cream on each serving.