Smoked Fish in Soy Sauce and Wine BrineFrom grizzlybear 6 years ago
- 1 Fillet of fish shopping list
- 1/3 C sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C Non-iodized salt shopping list
- 2 C soy sauce shopping list
- 1 C water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce shopping list
- 1 C dry white wine shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the above brine ingredients well, ensuring that all dry ingredients are well dissolved.
- Soak the fish in the brine for 8 or more hours, keeping all pieces covered with brine and refrigerated.
- Smoke in your favorite smoker over Hickory, Alder, or a mix of 2/3 Apple and 1/3 Cherry wood.
- Smoking times will depend on the thickness of the fish and the type of smoker you are using.
- Place largest and thickest pieces closest to the heat/smoke source.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!