Creamy Tropical Fruit QuesadillasFrom minitindel 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots shopping list
- 1/4 cup seedless raisins shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel shopping list
- 6 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 1 container (15 oz.) part-skim milk ricotta or low fat shopping list
- cottage cheese shopping list
- 6 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander or 1/2 teaspoon curry powder shopping list
- 12 burrito-size flour tortillas shopping list
- 2 cups chopped fresh dole Tropical Gold shopping list
- pineapple, well-drained shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chopped Mango shopping list
- mint sprigs shopping list
How to make it
- Combine apricots, raisins, orange peel, and orange juice. Let stand until apricots and raisins are softened (about 10 minutes).
- Combine apricot-raisin-juice mixture, ricotta cheese, honey, and coriander in blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth.
- Arrange 6 tortillas in a single layer on 2 or 3 lightly oiled large baking sheets. Spread tortillas evenly with cheese mixture, covering tortillas to within 1/2 inch of edges. Evenly cover cheese mixture with pineapple and mangos, then top each tortilla with one of the remaining tortillas. Press lightly.
- Bake at 400ºF., 8 to 10 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned, changing positions of baking sheets halfway through baking for even browning.
- Slide quesadillas onto cutting board and cut each into 4-6 wedges. Arrange on a platter and garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.