German Sauteed Potatoes BratkartoffelnFrom unswissmiss 7 years ago
How to make it
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water by at least 1 inch.
- Bring to boil and cook the potatoes over medium-high heat until done, but still firm. For medium potatoes, this should take about 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and allow to cool. If desired, the potatoes can be refrigerated overnight.
- When ready to proceed, peel the potatoes with a sharp knife, and cut into slices about 1 cm thick.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- When hot, but not smoking, add the potato slices and toss to coat with oil. Salt generously.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning the potatoes occasionally, until the slices are crisp and golden-brown all over.