Piquant Shrimp SaladFrom mystic_river1 5 years ago
- 7 oz rice vermicelli shopping list
- 8 baby corn cobs, halved shopping list
- 5 oz mangetouts (snow peas) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 in piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 fresh red or green chili, seeded and finely chopped shopping list
- 1 lb raw peeled tiger shrimps (jumbo shrimps) shopping list
- 4 spring onions (scallions), very thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted shopping list
- 1 lemon grass stalk, white part only and thinly shredded shopping list
- =============== shopping list
- For the dressing: shopping list
- ------------------------- shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives shopping list
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons groundnut (peanut) oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Put the rice vermicelli in a wide heatproof bowl, pour over boiling water and leave to soak for 10 minutes. Drain, refresh under cold water and drain well again. Tip into a large serving bowl and set aside until required.
- Boil or steam the corn cobs and mangetouts for about 3 minutes, until tender but still crunchy. Refresh under cold running water and drain. Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients in a screw-top jar. Close tightly and shake vigorously to combine.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the garlic, ginger and red or green chili and cook for 1 minute. Add the tiger shrimps and toss over the heat for about 3 minutes, until they have just turned pink. Stir in the spring onions, corn cobs, mangetouts and sesame seeds, and toss lightly to mix.
- Tip the contents of the pan or wok over the rice vermicelli. Pour the dressing on top and toss well. Sprinkle with lemon grass and serve, or chill for 1 hour before serving.