vegetable lo meinFrom rcragun 5 years ago
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked al dente and drained shopping list
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 1 pound veggie beef (or veggie chicken chunks) shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced in wedges shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 2 stalks sliced celery (or bok choy) shopping list
- 1 cup sliced or diced carrots shopping list
- 2 sweet bell peppers, thinly sliced (red, orange, or yellow) shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or more to taste) shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (prepackaged works) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons honey shopping list
- 1/2 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (or 1 1/2 tablespoons powder ginger) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Rinse.
- Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet or wok.
- Sauté veggie beef (or chicken), onion, celery, carrots, peppers, garlic, and pepper flakes until the veggie beef is browned.
- Add cabbage and sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add spaghetti to cooked veggies.
- Mix cornstarch with the chicken broth then add to the sauté along with the honey, soy sauce, ginger, cayenne pepper, and curry powder.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. You can cook longer to darken the noodles.
- (Note: You can buy the coleslaw mix in the produce section - pre-shredded saves time.)
The Cookrcragun Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!