Bears GyroFrom grizzlybear 5 years ago
- 1 lb. ground lamb and/or beef shopping list
- 2 tbsp. water shopping list
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt, cumin, oregano shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1/4 c. onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- feta cheese, lettuce, tomato shopping list
How to make it
- Mix meat, water, lemon juice, salt, cumin, oregano, pepper, garlic and onion. Shape meat in 4 thin patties.
- Cook patties in oil over medium heat, turning frequently until done about 10 min.
- Place patties on paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Line pita with lettuce, tomato and feta. Insert patties into pocket.
- Yogurt-Garlic Sauce
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and chill. Serve with Pita chips.
- Gourmet Pita Chips
- Use any variety Pita.
- Separate Pita(s), cut into triangles or 1/2 in. strips. Coat lightly with olive oil or butter. Sprinkle with garlic salt and onion powder OR any desired seasoning. Spread chips on cookie sheet and bake at 350° on middle rack until golden brown (20-30 min)
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!