Baked Pears In Spiced HoneyFrom tippystclair 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375F/200C.
- Peel pears and trim bases so they stand level.
- Arrange on their sides in a baking dish.
- Heat together honey and apple juice in a saucepan. Boil for two minutes, then pour over pears.
- Add the cinnamon stick pieces, cloves, cardamom pods and star anise.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour until tender, turning the pears occasionally in the syrup.
- Remove the pears and place them upright in another pan (or dessert plates) and cover to keep them warm.
- Pour the syrup into a sauce pan and boil until the syrup is reduced and thick.
- Remove from heat and drizzle over the pears.
- Serve alone, or with plain yogurt or vanilla ice cream.
- You can decorate them with candied lavender flowers for a really posh look.
- Also delicious cold! (Place in refrigerator to chill before serving.)