sugar cookiesFrom rcragun 7 years ago
- cookies shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened shopping list
- 1/3 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- icing shopping list
- 3 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons softened butter (or margarine) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla flavor shopping list
- food coloring shopping list
How to make it
- Directions for Cookies:
- Beat butter and shortening thoroughly with an electric mixer.
- Add sugar, baking powder, the pinch of salt and mix until well combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla then as much flour as you can with the electric mixer; it will get too thick to finish mixing with the electric mixer. You'll have to finish it by hand.
- Stir in the remaining flour.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Split the dough in 1/2 and roll one half at a time. Cut out with cookie cutters.
- Keep the piece you aren't using in the fridge.
- Bake at 325° F on ungreased cookie sheets for about 7 to 8 minutes, until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned (don't over cook).
- Directions for Icing
- In a small bowl, stir together the confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Divide into separate bowls, and add food colorings to desired intensity. Spread the icing on the cookies with butter knives.
The Cookrcragun Tampa, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!