Strawberry Mascarpone Ice CreamFrom midgelet 5 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups half and half shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 3 egg yolks shopping list
- 2 1/2 Tbs honey shopping list
- 8 0z mascarpone cheese shopping list
- 1 cup fresh strawberries shopping list
- 2 Tbs honey shopping list
- 2 Tbs Grand Marnier ( optional ) shopping list
How to make it
- Heat half and half, cream and vanilla to almost a boil over medium heat.
- Meanwhile blend egg yolks , sugar and honey till smooth.
- Slowly whisk a bit of hot cream mixture into egg yolks to temper it and slowly return egg mixture to pan, whiskly constantly over medium low heat until mixture coats back of a spoon ( about 5 minutes or so ).
- Remove from heat and let cool to warm.
- Add and blend in the mascarpone cheese.
- Refrigerate, covered until well chilled.
- Meanwhile slice strawberries and mix with honey and liquer
- ( optional ).
- Process chilled mixture in ice cream machine to manufacturere's instructions.
- When begining to get thick, add drained strawberries and contine to churn until a soft consistency.
- Then freeze well.
- Note: the liquer in the strawberries may make the ice cream a bit softer.
- This is okay since this ice cream frezzes hard and needs to soften a bit at room temperature before serving.