Banana Sheet Cake With Orange Cream FrostingFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2-1/4 cups sifted cake flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/3 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 2 cup mashed ripe bananas shopping list
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- orange Cream Frosting: shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter softened shopping list
- 1 pound icing sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup orange juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind shopping list
- Shredded orange rind shopping list
- Chopped pistachios or walnuts shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Generously grease jelly roll pan.
- Sift dry ingredients together onto wax paper.
- In small bowl stir together sour cream and banana.
- In large bowl of electric mixer beat together the butter, sugar and eggs for 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Stir flour mixture alternately with the banana mixture into the butter mixture beating by hand after each addition until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Top with frosting.
- To make frosting beat butter until fluffy.
- Beat in icing sugar alternately with juice until smooth and spreadable.
- Fold in grated rind then spread evenly over top of cake.
- Garnish with nuts.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!