Chocolate Praline CakeFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans shopping list
- 1 package devil's food cake mix with pudding shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups water shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- Filling and Topping: shopping list
- 3/4 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- pecan halves shopping list
- chocolate curls shopping list
How to make it
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar and butter melt stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture evenly into 2 round cake pans then sprinkle evenly with chopped pecans.
- Combine cake mix, water, oil and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at high speed of an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended then pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 325 for 35 minutes then cool in pans on wire racks 5 minutes.
- Turn out carefully onto racks and allow to cool completely.
- Beat whipping cream until foamy then gradually add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat well until soft peaks form.
- Spread filling and topping mixture between layers and on top of cake.
- Top with pecan halves and chocolate curls then store in refrigerator.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!