Chicken Pot PieFrom auntybea 5 years ago
- 1 deep dish pie shell and top crust shopping list
- 1 cup each peas, sliced carrots, leeks and mushrooms shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup Harvey's Bristol cream sherry shopping list
- 2 cups cooked chicken, cubed shopping list
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon rind shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. sale and pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- In saucepan, simmer vegetables in stock 5 minutes until tender. Drain, reserving vegetables and stock. In same saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Whisk in stock, milk and sherry. Bring to boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, whisking 2 minutes, until thickened. Stir in chicken, vegetables, tarragon, lemon rind salt and pepper. Let cool. Place pie shell on cookie sheet; spoon in chicken mixture. Top with top crust, sealing edges. Cut slits in top. Bake in 425 F oven 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 F and bake35 minutes, untiil golden.