Head CheeseFrom grumpster 6 years ago
How to make it
- Place the pigs head in a large pot and cover with water.
- Add Spices
- Boil until the meat and flesh falls off the bone.
- Remove the bones and grind the meat , medium grind
- Replace the meat and boil until thick, the natural fats and gelletin will thicken the mixture.
- Pour into shallow containers maybe 2 or three inches deep.
- Put into refrigerator and let set.
- Slice and put into sandwiches or eat plain.
The Cookgrumpster Niagara Falls, CA
The Rating2 people
My Mom's family raised hogs when she was growing up, and her older sister always made hogs head cheese and pork mincemeat for pies when they butchered one of the animals, and her dad always made the best sausage. My mouth waters just thinking about i...morewindy1950 in Flint loved it
Another great recipe help make this when I was a youngster it was a family thing every one helped. thanks for the memoriesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!