Barbecued Flank Steak SandwichesFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 (1/4-inch-thick) slices red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder shopping list
- 4 (3-ounce) hoagie rolls, split shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle steak evenly with salt and pepper. Add steak to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let stand 10 minutes. Add onion to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; cool.
- Combine ketchup and next 4 ingredients (through chipotle chile powder) in a large microwave-safe bowl, stirring well. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Add steak to ketchup mixture; toss to coat. Divide steak mixture evenly among bottom halves of rolls; top each serving with one onion slice. Place top half of roll on each sandwich.