Creamy Nutmeg Mashed PotatoesFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 6 medium potatoes shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg shopping list
- Softened butter shopping list
- Grated nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Peel potatoes then cut in quarters and place in a deep saucepan.
- Cover with hot water then add bay leaves and cover then bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to medium and cook 20 minutes.
- Drain well and return potatoes to a saucepan.
- Add milk, butter and seasonings then cook over low stirring continually until heated through.
- Beat with mixture until light and fluffy.
- Serve with a pat of butter and a sprinkling of nutmeg over each portion.