Asparagus and Shrimp OrientalFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 pound fresh shrimp cooked shopping list
- 1 can water chestnuts shopping list
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced shopping list
- 1 medium white onion sliced shopping list
- 1 cup celery sliced diagonally shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus steamed shopping list
- 11 ounce can mandarin orange sections drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- Boiled rice shopping list
How to make it
- Shell and devein shrimp.
- Drain and slice water chestnuts.
- Arrange shrimp, chestnuts, mushrooms, onion, celery, asparagus and oranges on large tray.
- Heat oil in wok or electric skillet.
- Add onion, celery, salt, pepper and sugar then cook stirring until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add asparagus and shrimp then place mushrooms and water chestnuts over shrimp.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce then place orange sections on top.
- Cover and cook until mixture begins to steam then reduce heat.
- Simmer 12 minutes then serve over rice.