Sweet Potato PieFrom myszreesey 6 years ago
- 1 (1 pound) sweet potato shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust shopping list
How to make it
- Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will puff up like a souffle, and then will sink down as it cools.