Tofu Cheese Steak Egg Roll w Jalapeno Cheese SauceFrom shandalulu 6 years ago
- 2 Lrg green bell peppers shopping list
- 1 Lrg yellow onion shopping list
- 1 Pkg mushrooms (Sliced) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic (Minced) shopping list
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 Pkg extra firm tofu (Drained and Pressed) shopping list
- 2 Tbsp steak seasonings shopping list
- 1 Pkg Large egg roll wraps (15 Count) shopping list
- 1 Egg shopping list
- 1 Tsp water shopping list
- 15 Slices provolone cheese shopping list
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil + About 3 Cups shopping list
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 C milk, Warmed shopping list
- 1/4 C Shredded Sharp Cheddar shopping list
- 1 jalapeno (Diced) shopping list
- 1 red chili (Diced) shopping list
- Pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
How to make it
- Slice onions and peppers into strips. Add two tablespoons of oil, soy sauce to skillet, add vegetables and season with salt and pepper. saute on med-low heat till tender (add garlic towards the end so it doesn't burn). When vegetables are done set aside.
- Cut tofu into eight strips length-wise, and then cut those in half length-wise. Place in skillet and season to taste with Steak Seasoning. Fry at medium heat till outside is golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in small saucepan. Stir in flour; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Gradually whisk in milk; cook, whisking, until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes. Stir in cheese, peppers and season to taste.
- Whisk egg with water, lay out wrap and place one slice of cheese, then one strip of tofu add about two spoonfuls of vegetables. Roll up and before you roll completely, use a pastry brush to moisten the remaining corner of the wrap with egg/water mixture, finish rolling.
- In a medium saucepan add remaining oil and bring up to about 350 to 375 degrees F. When oil is hot enough, place two rolls at the most in oil, fry till golden brown (about six minutes).
- Rest finished roll on paper towel to absorb any remaining oil.
- Serve with hot cheese sauce and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookshandalulu West Valley City, UT
The Rating6 people
wow love this recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I love egg roll wraps and your recipe for Tofu Cheese Steak Egg Roll is wonderful to me.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I am a Happy 'Tofu-Lover' and I am always
on the 'Look-Out' for new and delicious recipes
that use Tofu as the 'main ingredient'!
I think your 'Roll-Ups' are something that
I will try soon!
Thank-you for sharing...moremjcmcook in Beach City loved it