15min Tortilla SoupFrom phaggood 5 years ago
- Medium onion, slivered shopping list
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning shopping list
- 1 tbsp dry veg broth shopping list
- 1 15oz can crushed tomato with jalapeno shopping list
- 1 15oz can kidney beans shopping list
- 8oz Morningstar vegetable Crumbles shopping list
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips shopping list
- 1 cup slivered red/green bell pepper (I use Kroger's frozen Recipe Beginnings) shopping list
- 1 cup mirepoix (again, Kroger mix works great here) shopping list
- salt, pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup frozen spinach (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Put a large soup pot on the stove over high heat, drizzle in 2tbsp olive oil.
- Drop in slivered onions, peppers and mirepoix, stir until mix starts to brown.
- Add veg crumbles, taco seasoning and stir until this starts to also brown.
- Add crushed tomato and beans (with liquid), veg broth and spinach plus 1.5 to 2 quarts of water.
- Cover, bring all to boil.
- Turn heat down, remove cover, add crushed tortilla chips, more water if required to your desired soup consistency.
- Serve with a spoonful of rice and/or shredded "mexican mix" cheese.