Tips For Starching DoiliesFrom midgelet 5 years ago
How to make it
- Dissove starch in the cold water.
- Bring the 1 1/4 cups water to a boil.
- Add starch solution and cook and stir, bringing to a boil till mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, cool to warm.
- Dip crocheted items into starch to cover well.
- Smooth off excess starch with fingers.
- Gently reshape and lay flat the piece on a clean kitchen cloth and let dry out completely.
- This solutions makes for stiff or hard doilies.
- Excess starch solution may be stored in the Fridge for up to a week.