Chicken In A Hot Red SauceFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- CHAPATIS IS FAIRLY EASY TO MAKE INDIAN flat bread shopping list
- 4 teaspoons kashmiri masala paste shopping list
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 8 chicken joints, skinned but not boned shopping list
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 5 cm/2 in long, finely shredded shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, finely crushed shopping list
- juice of 1 lemon shopping list
- Few fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- 2 HOUR MARINATING TIME
- To make the marinade, mix together the kashmiri masala, tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, five-spice powder, salt and sugar. Allow to rest in a warm place until the sugar has dissolved.
- Rub the chicken pieces with the marinade and allow to rest for a further 2 hours or overnight if possible.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan (skillet) and fry half the ginger and all the garlic until golden brown. Add the chicken pieces, and fry without overlapping until both sides are sealed. Cover and cook until the chicken is nearly tender and the sauce clings with the oil separating.
- Sprinkle the chicken with the lemon juice, remaining ginger and fresh coriander (cilantro). Mix well, reheat and serve hot.