Dolce di fichi - Fig CookiesFrom deliathecrone 5 years ago
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds, 2 pound bags + 1 cup) the best flour shopping list
- 1 pound 10 ounces (650 grams) dried figs shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups (350 grams) sugar shopping list
- 11 ounces (375 grams) rendered lard shopping list
- 1/4 pound (100 grams) raisins shopping list
- 1/4 pound (100 grams) blanched toasted almonds shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 packet vanillin shopping list
- Some bitter chocolate shopping list
- The zest of a lemon shopping list
- The zest of an orange shopping list
- The zest of a tangerine shopping list
- 1/2 cup espresso coffee shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey shopping list
- A handful of diavulicchi (colored sugar sprinkles) shopping list
How to make it
- Begin by preparing the filling:
- Grind the figs, citrus zest and almonds together, then put them in a bowl and add to them the raisins, chocolate, coffee and honey. Mix well and let rest, covered.
- Soften the lard by kneading a little hot water into it and combine it with the flour to obtain a dough, working in the sugar and vanilla too.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into pieces large enough to be folded over balls of filling.
- Once the filling is in the dough, take a sharp knife and trace zigzag geometric patterns in the dough, so that when the cookies bake the dough will pull back, revealing the filling below.
- As soon as they are done, brush them with lightly beaten egg yolk and sprinkle them with diavulicchi, to heighten the chromatic effect.
- Baking temperature of 360-degrees F (180-degrees C), bake them until light golden.
- NOTE: the cooking time listed here is an ESTIMATE!!! Watch them carefully.
The Cookdeliathecrone Johnston, SC
- Not added to any groups yet!