Big Sur Power BarFrom marky90 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or regular butter) shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 2/3 cup (unsweetened) shredded coconut shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies shopping list
- 1 cup brown rice syrup shopping list
- 1/4 cup natural cane sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons ground espresso beans shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking pan with the coconut oil. If you like thick power bars, opt for an 8 by 8-inch pan; for thinner bars, use a 9 by 13-inch pan.
- On a rimmed baking sheet toast the pecans, almonds, and coconut for about 7 minutes, or until the coconut is deeply golden. Toss once or twice along the way. Mix the oats, toasted nuts, coconut, and the cereal, together in a large bowl and set aside.
- Combine the rice syrup, sugar, salt, espresso, and vanilla in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly as it comes to a boil and thickens just a bit, about 4 minutes. Pour the syrup over the oat mixture and stir until it is evenly incorporated.
- Spread into the prepared pan and cool to room temperature before cutting into whatever size bars you desire.
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating2 people
This IS Heidi's recipe from 101 Cookbooks. This is fantastic, I've made a ton of variations and they all work. Try, different fruits and nuts or even dark chocolate chips. Heidi deserves all the credit here. She comes up with fabulous recipes.skeeley in Neenah loved it
so good and so good for you!! Thanks!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!